University residence and Conference centre in the heart of Barcelona. Tranquillity in 19th century convent. Excellent location.
NB. - The residence closes every night at 12.00 midnight and opens at 07.00am in the morning.
If you need to stay a few days in Barcelona for some course or study, the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation offers accommodation in the heart of the city, in the Gothic Quarter, in a friendly, pleasant, quiet and modern residence that will make you feel like home. If you stay for lunch, you will enjoy homemade cuisine.
The Dominican Sisters of the Presentation are a religious congregation founded in 1696 by Marie Poussepin in France. Their mission field is among the parish, health, school and youth. Reina de la Pau is a female residence that opened in 2006, located near the town hall, near Sant Jaume Square and next to the cathedral, with every comfort and tranquility. The residence is completely restored. They have a spacious terrace with beautiful views of Barcelona.
All rooms have large windows and lots of light. Single rooms are specially designed for students. Our privileged location allows ease of communication on foot or by public transport.
From September to June only women are able to stay. In July, however, both men and women are able to stay in the individual dorms.
History to the present day
The convent-house was built in 1869, and now is completely renovated. It is now a female university residence called "Projecte Maria, Reina de la Pau", for young university students wanting to live in the heart of Barcelona. It also has a meeting center.
And if you like art, in the chapel of the house you can admire magnificent nineteenth century stained glass.
Food and Drinks
The booking includes a varied breakfast buffet, which is available from Monday to Friday from 07.00 hours to 09.00 hours and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 09.00 to 11.00 hours.
You can also book the midday meal at the residence, Monday to Friday from 01.30pm to 03.00pm or dinner from 08.00pm to 09.30pm. Also you can choose, from Monday to Friday, noon, typical Spanish menú.
The residence is located around numerous bars and typical restaurants.
Grounds and gardens
The house has a large terrace overlooking the most emblematic of Barcelona.
Our location is privileged both place and the ease of transport: taxi, subway, bus. And easy to rent bikes.
The residence is a 10 minute walk to the beach or the park of the Ciutadella. A 5 or 10 minute walk you can find the tourist office, the cathedral, the churches of Sant Just and Pastor, Santa María del Mar and La Merced, Plaza del Rey, Plaza Real, Montcada Street, Roman Walls, the Port (Maremagnum), Las Ramblas, Plaza Catalunya, etc.. and several museums: the History of the City, Diocesan, Picasso.
You can book an office, a boardroom or a conference room available from 08.30 hours to 20.30 hours. All areas have heating and air conditioning:
- Office: seats 5 people. Includes tables, chairs, computer with internet, wifi.
- Boardroom: seats 10-12 people. Includes conference table, chairs, and wifi internet access, projection screen.
- Conference: up to 50 people. Includes auditorium chairs, tables, internet access and wifi, PA system, projector, projection screen, piano and various forms of lighting.
It also offers:
- Free wifi.
- Library with air conditioning.
- Study room with Internet and air conditioning.
- Computer room with Internet and computers available. In case you want to print, you can pay a deposit of 6 euros for the use of the color laser printer at the end of the stay is returned the deposit and charge the output.
- Living room: satellite TV, Freeview, DVD, video and stereo.
- Dining room and office with refrigerator, stove, microwave and freezer drawer individually.
- Washer and dryer coin. The detergent and softener will by the user. Possibility to build on the roof.
- Hall of visits.
- Daily cleaning of common areas and weekly cleaning of the room.
- Terrace with solárium.
Address: Dominicas de la Presentación Bellafila, 4, Barcelona, 08002, Spain
Check In: From 12:00pm to 6:00pm Check Out: Before 10:00am.
The residence is behind the town hall of Barcelona. The easiest thing is to get to the Sant Jaume square and watching the town hall to the left, go down the Carrer Ciutat, the third street on the left is the street Bellafila.
- Metro: Yellow L4 (Jaume I) - Green L3 (Liceu).
- Bus: V15, V17, 19, 40, 45 (Via Laietana), 14, 59, (La Rambla), 14, 59, 64, H16, D20 (Passeig Colom).
It includes lockers to store your luggage if the day of the entrance, you arrive before your room is ready or if the day of departure, you leave after 10.00. The baggage will only be stored until 18.00 pm.
The date of arrival must be submitted to the front desk where you will be given a card or room key upon presentation of identification. Upon arrival, each guest will be assigned a room and will sign a document where certifies that everything is in good condition. When you leave the residence the card or key shall be left at reception. In case of loss or damage due to misuse of the card or room key 15 euros will be paid for the new card or key.
It can be visited only in the library upon registration and presentation of ID. Entry is prohibited and illegal use of any substance and alcohol in the residence.
According to Catalan regulations and taking into account your own safety, it is not permitted to smoke, nor to light candles or incense in the rooms, or anywhere else in the residence. All rooms have fire detectors, which will automatically sound an alarm if smoke is detected.